British Airways is UK’s national carrier and the largest international airline in the world carrying over 45 million passengers to more than 400 destinations with 499,000 scheduled services in a year. This full service airline has one of the largest fleet of around 270 aircrafts in the world consisting of the latest long haul wide-bodied line of aircrafts like the Boeing 777, Airbus 380, Boeing 787,777s.
For long the airline has stood to its twofold promise of reliability and reassurance reflected through the sale of operations, service, and destinations covered and fleet size.
The airline has won numerous significant awards in the past including:
- Airline of the year – 2006
- Best Transatlantic Airline
- Best International First Class by the OAG
- Best Airline, Best First Class
- Best Business Class
- Best Shorthaul Flights
- Best Frequent Flyer Program
- Best Cabin Staff
- Most Innovative Airline (Business Traveler Magazine)
- Best Community Member Award (NOP World Business Superbrands)
Destinations Covered British Airways
British Airways' has its main hubs at London's Heathrow Airport and Gatwick Airport.
The airline serves all 7 continents of the world and covers all major destinations.
Facilities Offered By British Airways
British Airways Club World
- Innovative fully flat bed in new Club World enables British Airways
- Dedicated check-in for Club World passengers, Executive Club, Bronze and Silver members
- Club World also has the widest 2-3-2 seating arrangement
- Their 20.5 inches (52cm) in width and can stretch into a 6 feet long bed
British Airways' World Traveller Plus
- Has separate, quieter and smaller cabins
- Additional 20% more personal space than World Traveler
- Additional 7” extra legroom, reclinable, chairs, adjustable headrest, lumbar support, footrest and leg rest
Best Inflight entertainment
A wide selection of movies and TV Shows & BBC World programs, CD quality audio, and a great selection of kids zone programs and games for kids. You can also shop for their Hi-life products in-flight.
- Complimentary menu and full bar service that includes best in class Aperitifs and spirits designed by leading chefs
- A range of choices include vegetarian, gluten-free, healthy & fresh options and lots of snacks and comfort food
- Ripe and fruity red wines and champagne from Australia and South Africa
Plans to introduce 4G on all short haul flights, installation complete in 100 international and 300 domestic flights.
Why is British Airways Better Than The Rest?
- Every 90 seconds, there’s a flight taking off from BA
- BA is the founding member of Oneworld
- They have a huge fleet of 276 aircraft and is the largest operator of B747
- First airline to use lie-flat beds in first class
- Its parent company IAG also has parent Co.s under its banners like Aer Lingus, Iberia, and Vueling.
Free and excessive luggage charges on British Airways
- Hand luggage must not exceed 56cm x 45cm x 25cm and weigh not more than 23Kgs
- Checked Baggage not to exceed 90 x 75 x 43cm and weigh 23-32 Kgs depending on route/ticket
- Excess baggage of 90 x 75 x 43cm weighing up to 32 Kgs charged at £65 per bag
- World Traveler Euro Traveler Domestic Economy - 1 bag at 23kg
- World Traveler Y Class (full-fare Economy) / World Traveler Plus (Premium Economy)/ Club Europe (Business Class) - All are allowed 2 bags at 23kg each
- First Club World Biz Bed (Business) - 3 bags at 32kg each.